13 alternative things to do with the £429 you’re going to spend on an iPad
- Go on holiday somewhere you’ve never been before.
- Convert your lawn into a vegetable patch, buy a greenhouse and a chicken coop, dig a pond and acquire a couple of ducks.
- Throw a party for all your friends and family, complete with food, drinks and entertainment.
- Put it towards the helicopter lessons you’ve always wanted, which of course will be useful if you survive the impending apocalypse.
- Give to your favourite charity (subsequently saving a panda or something).
- Buy approximately 36 new CDs by bands you’ve never heard before, including some We Have Band, Surfer Blood and Attack in Black.
- Purchase some sexy new fonts in order to create something fantastic.
- Take your favourite person out to the best local Michelin Star restaurant for a nine course meal.
- Book a day in a recording studio to record a song or two.
- Charter a canal boat for a weekend and get your mates on the best canal-side pub crawl they’ll ever go on.
- Jump out of a plane from 15,000 feet (parachute advised).
- Invest in a(nother) new bicycle for your all-year-round fun and exercise.
- Purchase approximately 219.6 litres of white emulsion to paint a massive wall, and watch it dry.
Disclaimer: All of the above guaranteed to significantly enrich your life more than said device.